Pain throughout the left side of the body

Patient : My father has been suffering from discomfort throughout the left side of his body.? My father is 47 years old. His height is 5' 6". His weight is 65 and not an obese. I'll arrange the details according to a timeline. Some, 11 years back, he had an inflammation in his gall bladder. He was operated upon and his gall bladder was removed. I don't know if this information is relevant to the topic; Still I have to mention it. Since then he complained that he was belching a lot. He also has a moderate case of acidity. He was diagnosed with high blood pressure when he was 30 years old. Since then he has been taking tablets to keep it under control. His blood pressure has remained normal since then. He has deformed left nostril bone and his nasal passage in the left is partially blocked. He has also had sinusitis and was treated with steroids to keep his allergies under control. His ECG is completely fine and he has no blocks . But, his LDL level is high and his HDL level is low. Other than that he does not have any cardiological problems. 2 months back he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism . But it was marginal and so he was not put under any medication. A month later his hyperthyroidism switched to hypothyroidism and he has been taking thyroxine pills since then. Yesterday he consulted a neurologist and the doctor confirmed that he had no neurological problems. My father also says that belching eases his discomfort. He has had perspiration in evenings. He sleeps on the left side of his body to avoid nose blocks. His discomfort is delocalised and is found from head to toe. He says that it is not exactly pain but an uncomfortable feeling
Symptoms:  severe intermittent headaches which is sometimes relieved by belching.
delocalised numbness and discomfort throughout the left side.
dizziness; giddiness
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Is it possible for me to contact hiv if someone blood got on my arm 8 hours after I had a TB test ? Is the injection ...

Q: I fell about two weeks ago directly on my buttocks. I was immediately black and blue so started icing. It seemed to t...

Q: I am a long sufferer of depression and have within the last few weeks been put back on my original anti depressants (...

Q: I am a 29 year old female, and have family history of HCM in uncles and some cousins on father's side. However, my fa...

Q: If a birth mother tests negative for HIV on July 24th which is the same day that she gives birth to her son (her lesb...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon