Pain two inches below belly button for two weeks now,

Patient

Q: Pain two inches below belly button for two weeks now, feels like a pulling pain dead straight in the midline area. What could it be? Was seen by the hospital first time this happened due to cramps in lower pelvis they found nothing wrong with my bladder or overies. What could this be?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

During ovulation and in premenstrual phase some amount of abdominal cramps can be seen.
Other possible causes are pelvic inflammatory disease, gastrointestinal causes like constipation, bowel infections etc.
Mild pain can subside by taking antispasmodic drugs sometimes.
If the pain persists even after taking the medicine, you may need reevaluation.
Clinical examination and ultrasound may help in finding the possible cause.
If any evidence of infection is noted, you may need an antibiotic course.

Take care.