Pain under the belly on the left

Patient

Q: Hi am 18 years old and i have a pain under my belly on the left side bottom

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Your abdominal pain could be caused by a number of causes. It is possible that this could caused by gastrointestinal infection, or even a muscle strain. Given the fact that you are female, it would be remiss of us to overlook the fact that your left sided abdominal pain may be due to an issue with your reproductive system. This could be related to inflammation of your left ovary, or even may de due to pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections (if you are sexually active). Please see your doctor immediately to undergo a full evaluation of your symptoms.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com