Pain urinating

Patient

Q: Hi

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read.

About 3 weeks ago I started having pain at the end of urinating. The Dr gave me antibiotics for a suspected UTI. Although symptoms improved, the pain did not go away and the Urinary Sample the cultured came back resulting in no infection.

I treated myself for Thrush by taking the tablet from the Pharmacy and using the thrush cream. Again symptoms improved but did not go away.

I have been through an enormous amount of stress recently and this pain began 2 weeks before an operation I was due to have to remove a cyst off my ovary (on the day of the op it was deemed unnecessary) but my stress levels had been raised massively prior to this. I also had to have a smear test which came back clear, but I was all worried about the actual test too as it always hurts me. (The pain started approx 3 days before the test).

I also had a miscarriage in September and have had a lot of bleeding and hormonal issues since then.

Is it possible it is caused by anxiety? Also, when I religiously put the cream on for thrush, symptoms improved (I treated it for a week) but after 2 days without, this morning it is more painful again.

Please can you advise? There is no blood in my urine and the pain is at the end of urination - with some discomfort urinating after my first pee of the day. (Bizarrely this is eased by orgasm)

The pain is at the tip where the urine comes out, nowhere else

Doctor