Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Painful and decreased ability to use right shoulder.

Painful and decreased ability to use right shoulder.

Patient: I was told I needed shoulder replacment. All the ligaments are torn, this has happened over time, Dislocated it 5 yrs ago, treated and had PT. have been losing function over the years, then pain started 3 wks ago. Is there any other treatment?

Symptoms: Limited ROM, and pain with and without use.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your question in detail and understand your concern.I think you ma y be suffering from frozen shoulder as it is common in your age and there is pain and limited range of motion. Treatment of it is mobilisation exercises of shoulder with analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief.Second possibility is osteoarthritic of the shoulder joint as it is common in your age and you have pain with movements. Treatment of it is glucosamine and analgesic such as ibuprofen. If pain relief is by these then you may require shoulder replacement.Hope I have answered your query.Wishing you good health.Take care,