Painful Cold/Flu with numbness

Patient

Q: I have been sick with a severe sore throat and flu like symptoms for the last couple of days. In the last couple hours my arms have grown numb and tingly with occasional pain. I can still move and operate my arms as normal. I am not dizzy and I can walk around ok. My heart is 96 bpm compared to 56 bpm as normal. Should I go to the hospital?

Symptoms:  Severe sore throat, painful coughing, difficulty swalling, numbness in both arms
Doctor

A:   Your worsening symptoms suggest a worsening infection. Antibiotics might be necessary in the case of strep throath.

Strepthroaath can be diagnosed with a rapid strep test available at most doctor offices.

you should see a doctor within the next 24 to 48 hours if symptoms continue to worsen.