Painful cyst, can I go to work?

Patient

Q: Almost a week ago I went to the ER for severe abdominal pain. They did a CT scan, said I had a cyst and needed to see a Gyn. I cannot get in for another week and a half. I have started spotting and still eperiencing pain (not as bad. My question is should I try to work? I am a prep cook and lift heavy pots.

Doctor

A:   Though you have not mentioned in which organ the cyst is present, I will preseume that its an ovarian cyst. There is a chance that the cyst may rupture on lifting weights, therefore I will advise rest and normal activiesties until the spotting has stopped. If you experience more than usual pain or bleeding becomes worse, I would suggest you to see your doctor as soon as possible. Hope the information helps.