Ask The Doctor > Pending > Painful erection and sometimes blood after urination

Painful erection and sometimes blood after urination

Patient: Dear Doctor:After experiencing painful urination and blood drops afterwards, I went to my physician 5 days after receiving oral sex from a prostitute. My doctor took a culture from the tip of my penis and prescribe antibiotics. The burning sensation diminished a few days later but the blood drops continues after completing the antibiotic for one week. The doctor’s office requested a urine sample when I called to find out the lab results. My doctor said that the lab wanted a urine sample because the swap he took was inconclusive. He asked had I completed the antibiotics and I confirmed that I did indeed. It’s been a week and 2 days since I started the antibiotics. Although I still have a slight discomfort limp penis head and sometimes a little blood after urinatin, the pain from urinating is gone. And my penis hurts pretty bad when erect. What is likely?

Doctor: