Painful, frequent urination for over two years


Q: I have been having issues with painful urination and frequency issues for about 2 years now. I went to a urologist and he did a bunch of tests including urodynamics and ultrasound along with UAs. They found nothing and basically rx'd Vesicare and said I have overactive bladder. I have taken the medication since February with no relief. I am very frustrated after paying $1800 and now they want me to come back and pay more money... I get up 4 to 6 times at night with my urethra area hurting and telling me I need to urinate. I don't have a full bladder. I go to the bathroom probably 20 times per day. If I wait too long then it hurts so bad that I can't go. I have to sit and wait, while in pain then finally can go after quite a bit of time.

FYI. I have been married for 20 years and we both have not had any other sexual relations since meeting

Please help me... I am so frustrated and tired of getting up so much and it dictating my life...

Thank you!


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: For 10 days I have had a sharp pain in the left side of my penile shaft. I am not sure about the cause. It feel it ...

Q: I was on amoxicillin for a round of that for a sinus infection and a UTI I've now had a cough With some mucus very an...

Q: Hello. I am a 41 y/o woman and have been on yasmin for 8 years. A few months ago i had abnormal discharge and bleedin...

Q: I suffer from recurring UTIs. Tried Nitrofurantoin. Didn't work. Currently on Bactrim -- I am at the beginning of ...

Q: My partner and I have both been tested for gonorrhea. Her test came back positive and mine negative. She said her doc...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon