Painful, frequent urination for over two years

Patient

Q: I have been having issues with painful urination and frequency issues for about 2 years now. I went to a urologist and he did a bunch of tests including urodynamics and ultrasound along with UAs. They found nothing and basically rx'd Vesicare and said I have overactive bladder. I have taken the medication since February with no relief. I am very frustrated after paying $1800 and now they want me to come back and pay more money... I get up 4 to 6 times at night with my urethra area hurting and telling me I need to urinate. I don't have a full bladder. I go to the bathroom probably 20 times per day. If I wait too long then it hurts so bad that I can't go. I have to sit and wait, while in pain then finally can go after quite a bit of time.

FYI. I have been married for 20 years and we both have not had any other sexual relations since meeting

Please help me... I am so frustrated and tired of getting up so much and it dictating my life...

Thank you!

Doctor