Painful Sex and Vaginal Bleeding and Odor

Q: Sex for me and boyfriend have been painful lately. my vagina have been sore and bleed. i dont know what is wrong?

Symptoms:  Vagnial discarge, blood sometimes, and urine cloudy and has an odor.

A:   Thank you for your question. Based on the symptoms you have described, it is possible that you have developed a vaginal and urinary tract bacterial infection. This could have been caused by naturally occurring bacteria in your genital region or sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. In order to determine the exact cause of your infection you will need to see your doctor and have a pelvic examination performed. Samples will be taken for culturing to determine what is the exact cause of this infection. Once diagnosed, you will be placed on a course of antibiotics and topical cream to treat the irritation in the area of your vulva. This will likely resolve without complication if you start treatment as soon as possible and you are compliant with your doctors instructions.

Thank you for consulting