Painful sharp knee pains

Q: Hello my name is Maria and I'm 18 years old. Ever since I have been little I have knee problems. My problem is that my patella dislocates very easily. This issue became more serious when I started dance since I was putting more pressure on my knee. Well fast forward to now and I'm still having horrible knee problems but recently what has happen is when I'm asleep, and I sleep normally sleep in the fetal position, the inner side of my right knee starts getting these sharp pains. The pain is so bad I can't move my leg for a good 5 minutes but once I get the strength to move it the pain kinda goes away but that area remains sore. Now my actual question is, what could be causing that pain? Thank you much for answering my question.

Symptoms:  Knee pains

A:   Hello.
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having recurrent dislocation of the patella. It's definite treatment is surgical and you need further investigation and thus you should see an Orthopedician for it. You are also probably having chondromalacia Patella (softening of patella cartilage) due to this. Rest, analgesic and vitamin D is its treatment. You can take analgesics such as Ibuprofen for pain relief. You can get your vitamin D level and if found low you can take supplements for it.
Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.