Painful swellling in hands and arm, not related to blood clots.

Q: Hi, my name is Chelsea I am 19yrs old and for the past two years I have experienced swelling in both hands but just recently had it progress up my right arm. It has been swollen for a week and has not gone down, it is painful to move as well. Doctors say I do not have a blood clot, and it does not have anything to do with my sodium intake?I do not take blood thinners. I have aslo been experiencing shortness of breath and trouble breathing recently. I do not understand what could lead to this or how to make the swelling decrease.(Background info: Benign Breast Disease, ACL surgery, Baker Cyst removed behind my knee after my Meniscus Surgery, asthma, seasonal allergies.)