Painful urge to urinate post-ejaculation

Q: Often after ejaculation (either through sex or masturbation), I have a painful urge to urinate. This will persist for up to an our, and only subside after I have drunk a copious amount of water while urinating small amounts in intense discomfort. The discharge is usually clouded, and does not look like typical urine.

A:   From your symptoms it is most probable that you are suffering from a urinary tract infection. The typical symptoms are burning on urination, cloudy urine and pain in the abdomen. Also since you are having frequent urge to urinate, you may be having bladder cystitis which is inflammation of the bladder due to a urinary tract infection. I would advise an analysis of your urine and antibiotics in the presence of infection. In the meanwhile keep drinking plents of fluids. Cranberry juice is especially helpful in these cases to reduce the symptoms of urinary irritation.