x
169 Physicians Online

Question:

Painful urinating and slight pink color

Hi, I have recently, over the past 2 weeks, been haveing urinal discomfort. My urine appears no different in the toilet but when I wipe, it appears a slight pink colour. The pain happens after I have urinatedAnd makes me feel a bit faint.Do you have any clue what this could be?

Answer:

Pain during urinating and slight pinkish color could be due to a urinary tract infection (UTI). UTI is 50 times more common in women. You need to get your urine tested for the same and start on some antibiotic medication. Also remember to take plenty of fluids which helps by make the urine alkaline, which in turn makes the environment more hostile to bacterial growth and improve the results of antibiotic therapy.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA