Painful urination stds chlamydia

Patient

Q: I am having painful urination and the pain is causing me to not sleep. I'm Assuming it is an std. Would I be able to wait until an urgent care center opens in 6 hours?

Symptoms:  Painful urination, cloudy discharge
Doctor

The symptoms classically describe a urinary tract infection and its cloudy nature indicates a cystitis. You need to be started on antibiotics sooner for a course of 7 days to cure. However, a urine culture is required to isolate the organism before the start of antibiotics. In the mean time till the ER opens you can choose to take an NSAID like IBUROFEN for pain relief and increase your water intake to flush the infection sooner.
I hope i have answered your query ,
wishing you good health,
regards,