Painfull abdomen pain and back pain especially laying down

Patient

Q: What causes my lower right abdomen pain, sometimes the pain goes to my left abdomen, above my navel and around it. the pain feel like someone is stabbing me

Symptoms:  No symptom just the pain
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We are always concerned when a patient is experiencing stabbing pain in the right lower abdomen, and navel. This may often be associated with a condition known as appendicitis. Appendicitis is caused by inflammation of the appendix which is connected to the cecum portion of the large intestine, located in the right lower quadrant of the abdomen. This is a medical emergency and requires immediate medical evaluation. The only way to treat appendicitis is to have surgery to remove the inflamed appendix. Failure to do so can lead to rupture of the appendix, which will lead to a serious infection of the abdomen. Please see go to your nearest hospital immediately to be evaluated.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com