Painfull irritating lump.


Q: I have a lump maybe the size of an olive seed near my genital region. It has been there for maybe a week if not more and was dripping pus for about 2 days. as of now there is no more pus but it hurts with any form of touch. it is just above and to the right side of my penis and is almost unnoticeably red. even when i lay on my stomach just the bed hurts it. i dont know what it is but I have some people telling me that it could be an ingrown hair and not to worry but some people telling me to have it checked out. I am worried to be honest but dont know if i should be. Can you help??

Symptoms:  Lump, pain, slight redness

A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, a few days ago i woke up to 2 sets of 2 red inflamed dots under my stomach / in my groin area. To me they looked ...

Q: I have two bumps on my penis one is slightly raised and kind of painful to the touch and the other one is smaller and...

Q: Hello Dr, I had protected sex with a massage parlor lady this past Saturday evening ie Sunday morning. As mentioned ...

Q: I got a very Large injection for Gonorrhoea yesterday tuesday 11/10/16. Me and my doctor was not sure if I had or n...

Q: I have blood in my semen for last two weeks.its not painful or sensitive in any way. Without injury and no possible s...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon