Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pains, week after loosing virginty

Pains, week after loosing virginty

Patient: I just lost my virginty last Friday..I have been having cramps and nausea ever since till now..is this normal?

Symptoms: Nausea, cramps, feeling hungry

Doctor: Hello,Yes it is possible to have nausea and mild cramps in lower abdomen following first intercourse , under the prog esterone and prostaglandin released during the act of sexual excitement when can take 48-72 hours to come back to normal. This may present as frequent urination, mild uterine cramps , nausea and even headache sometimes .These symptoms would subside on their own. In the meantime you may take warm fluids and use hot fomentation to soothe your lower abdominal cramps.I hope i have answered your query,regards