Palpitations with Co Q 10

Patient

Q: Why would the suplement Co-Q-10 make your heart palpatate. I have that problem from time to time, but when I took the suplement I had heart palpatations for several hours straight. I'm guessing something to do with circulation?

Doctor

A:    There are many research studies over these lasts ten years about the benefits of CoQ10 for a number heart related issues, mainly because improves the heart’s ability to pump blood and preventing the developing of coronary heart disease. But some persons have been reported the following side effects: insomnia, nausea, heartburn, loss of appetite, dizziness, and fainting, low blood pressure. I strongly recommend you that consult with your doctor and review the dosage you are taking and maybe get a Cardiovascular evaluation to rule out other possible causes for the palpitations.