Pancreas stent in too long?

Patient : I had a ERCP done 5 weeks ago. Should the stent in the pancreas be removed and when? The dr that done this has cancelled the removal of the stent 2x . Is This Safe to keep cancelling this procedure?
Doctor :   I am unable to say when your pancreatic stent should be removed as I do not now the reason the stent was placed. If the stent has been scheduled for removal, I assume that the condition requireing placement of the stent was expected to resolve. You should speak with your doctor about the reason for the delay in stent removal. It is possible that the condition affecting the pancreas has not resolved requiring the stent to remain for a longer period. Stents can usually be easily reomoved without significant risks.