Pancreatitis; dangers of

Patient : My husband is 30 and went to the Er today for extreme abdominal pain. He was admitted for pancreatitis. He is a heavy drinker and has been for years. The doctor gave him numerous drugs for "detox". He is currently on his third saline solution bag. The doctor drew blood for the following tests; thyroid, last 2 months sugar levels, thickness and or thinness of blood, infections. Also his pancreas is about three sized the normal size but he did say this loopy because of pain meds. How concerned should I be? Thank You, Miranda
Symptoms:  Vomiting, extreme dehydration, extreme adominal pain, loss of appetitie, possible fever, high blood pressure