Pap Smear & Swollen Peneum

Q: Had a pap smear 3 days ago and Dr used a large speculum and left it hanging for a few seconds... Then she removed and switched to a smaller speculum / Pap was completed. but now I have a swollen perneum ?

Symptoms:  Swelling

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
I understand that there was stasis of blood duet larger speculum and stretching of vaginal muscles which is the possible cause of edema and perennial swelling. As there was no bleeding involved , themes simple way of reducing the swelling is to use cold compresses locally thrice a day and wear loose cotton undergarments to allow decreased friction. The swelling shall reduce naturally in next 24 hrs. There may be vaginal abrasions inside the vagina as well, which would just require some local vaseline application twice a day and it shall heal naturally and swelling shall subside.
If it doesn't heal in next 24 hrs then you must visit your gynecologist for a local examination.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,