Papilloma not hpv related

Patient

Q: In 2009 I had a papilloma on my uvula which was noticed by my dental hygentist and went to an ent doctor who scoped me and found a papilloma on the interarytenoid area of my throat. I went for surgery and he also discovered a papilloma on my left tonsil during surgery all three were removed and I have been going yearly to him for him to examine my throat for any regrowth. Thank god nothing has appeared.

My question is when they sent the slides for biospy the results were Negative for HPV by polymerase chain reaction analysis, does that mean I do not have an hpv virus, or that the papilloma I had did not occur due to hpv.

Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  No symptoms at the time or now.
Doctor