Paragard causing nausea?

Q: I have a paragard IUD since october and have been feeling nauseous 24/7 ( mostly before and after i eat) I have gone to a doctor and took a pregnancy test which was negative, then a blood test which was negative but the hGC levels was 2.4 which he said could just be too soon to tell if i were pregnant. 3 weeks later i took another test today which was negative. I feel nauseous all the time, all day. I was spotting after sex yesterday. My breasts are VERY tender and i feel shortened of breath and occasionally dizzy.

Symptoms:  Nausea, tender breasts, weight gain, dizzy, shortness of breath, spotting, headache, no energy, tired,

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you should see a Doctor to get a USG done. The USG may find an ectopic pregnancy. The ectopic pregnancy can cause the symptoms that you are talking about.

Please see a Doctor as soon as possible. You will need surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy. Hope this helps you.

All the best.