Paralyzed legs and severe pain from a fall

Patient : Hi I had a particularly hard fall from about 2 meters up yesterday, onto and over a large bin, I bruised my lower right side and some of my extremities - quite a lot of body aches but didn't think it too serious though once I was over it but then last night going to sleep I felt very uncomfortable, could not get comfortable in any position and I had shooting pains down my leg. At some point in the middle of the night I sat up to go the loo but when I stood up I collapsed like a dead-weight, my legs seemed like they just weren't there, I pulled myself up off the floor and tried to stand and fell down again - a third time produced the same results at which point I just crawled back to the bed - both legs completely dead and lay there very awajke and very concerned til after sunrise when I tried again and was able to stand up albeit a bit wobbly. Today my leg feels a little numb and my entire upper body but especially my right side and right arm - even my neck is a little stiff - what have I done to myself? I am 35 years old as of Monday and spent most of my life competing in action sports and am generally healthy except for a smoking habit and chronic medication I have to take. Please help
Symptoms:  Shooting pains in legs, temporarily dead / paralyzed legs after a fall, upper body aches and bruised,