Passing the cold between family members...when will it end?

Patient : Can you give someone back their cold? My son caught a cold, gave it to me, and I gave it to my husband. Now my son is completely better and I am almost over it, but husband is still pretty sick. Can we make my son sick again and turn this into a long cycle of sickness? I've read that once you're sick with a cold you become immune to that particular cold virus. Sorry for the silly sounding question. Thanks in advance for your answers
Symptoms:  Runny nose, mild headache, low grade fever, coughing