Passong on std after year

Q: I have been with my boyfriend almost a year and just found out I have an STD, he doesn't have one. Is it possible to have sex for almost a year and not pass the std on to him or is it more likely he cheated.

Symptoms:  Sexually transmitted diseases

A:   Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites and viruses. There are more than 30 types of STDs, including Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Genital herpes, HIV/AIDS , HPV, Syphilis and Trichomoniasis.
Most STDs affect both men and women, but in many cases the health problems they cause can be more severe for women. If a pregnant woman has an STD, it can cause serious health problems for the baby.
Transmission is never 100 per cent even if one comes into into intimate contact with an infected person, but prolonged exposure definitely increases the chance of infection.

As you are sexually active with him, talk to your doctor about your report his STI screening. Which tests he might need and how often depend mainly on your sexual history and your partner’s. Talking to your doctor about your sex life might seem too personal to share. But being open and honest is the only way your doctor can help take care of you. Talk to your doctor to find out what other tests make sense for him.