Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Patient is diabetic, hypertensive and has some protein in the urine.

Patient is diabetic, hypertensive and has some protein in the urine.

Patient: Patient is diabetic, hypertensive and has some protein in they urine. Now complaining for swollen feet and enlargen testicles. Meds:insulin rampril and amlopidine

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.It seems the patient has developed Diabetic nephropathy.Protei nuria indicated nephropathy in people suffering from diabetes and hypertension.Swelling over the feet and testicles is due to proteinuria only.I would advise you to get his following investigations:1. Kidney Function test2. 24-Hour urine protein or Urine Protein to Creatinine ratio3. Ultrasound Abdomen.4. HemogramA strict blood sugar control would be required. He would require diuretics for a few days to get rid of swelling over feet.Further exact treatment decision is based on the reports.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy