Ask The Doctor > Pending > Paxil use during pregnancy – needing another opinion

Paxil use during pregnancy – needing another opinion

Patient: Hi Doctors,I am looking for a second opinion regarding Paxil during pregnancy.I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and have been taking 10 mg Paroxetene daily for the past three years. It has made such a positive change in my life. Last week, I was told by my OB to wean off the drug (every other day for one week, every three days the following week) and have a follow up meeting after two weeks. But my primary care physician said it would not be harmful to the baby.I am wondering if I have already damaged the baby by taking it for these first 7 weeks. I am also wondering what the research shows about Paxil during pregnancy. Basically, is it safe to take the small dose I am on? And what are other options if not.Thank you so much.

Symptoms: Pregnancy, anxiety

Doctor: