PCOS and regularity

Patient : I have PCOS and have always had irregular periods, though I've been regular from November through February. I was suppose to start my cycle on 03/23/14 and started spotting brown on 4/10/14. I've taken 4 pregnancy tests and all were negative. What's going on?
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. PCOS generally lead to irregular periods, because of hormonal imbalance. In such cases where a woman is having PCOS condition it would be difficult to predict ovulation time as well. The best option in your case would be to see a doctor who will do a scan and prescribe appropriate medication to regularize the menstrual cycle pattern. When was the last pregnancy test done, instead you can opt for a blood test for βhCG which will give more accurate results even in early pregnancy. Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.