Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > PCOS and trying to get pregnant

PCOS and trying to get pregnant

Patient: I have PCOS .my doctor give me ovcarefort A B Pills to remove PCOS problem and i taking this pill(6 month) my period get reular but i stoped this my period now irregular, i’m not get pregnant.My fallopian tube in good condition,my husband sperm is also ok.

Doctor: I do understand your concern for pregnancy in PCOS. It is generally recommend that women who have PCOS try to lose weigh t in order to increase that chances of becoming pregnant. If you are unable to lose weight or if modest weight loss does not restore ovulatory cycles, I would suggest that you consult your doctor/gynecologist for initiating ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate. I wish you well, take care.