PCOS Diagnosis Based on High LH Only?

Q: Hello, I was diagnosed with PCOS recently, but on the basis of a test done at 10dpo. I know I was 10dpo because I take my temperature and monitor my cycles. That being said, the ONLY strange factor was my LH:FSH ratio---it was 28:6. The FSH I was told, was very good--but the LH very high, so high, that ovulation can not possibly occur regularly, and that I'd need help conceiving. That being said, we conceived our first month off birth control in December. Sadly it ended in a miscarriage in February. Do you believe I should get a retest on Cycle Day 3, when this test is normally done, or go by those results? I understand LH could have been falling back to a normal level post-ovulation (I was not pregnant that cycle obviously), so it's POSSIBLE it was higher than normal. I'm not suggesting that it might not be high normally, but that the number might not be exact. I was looking for advice on this.

Also, I am seeing a certified acupuncturist and herbalist about helping things naturally as well. He told me to try natural progesterone cream (a low dose; 25 mg) , and gave me a sample. He also pumped one dose and applied it to my wrist showing me where it put it and how to use it. It didn't dawn on me until I got home, but this was used BEFORE ovulation. I was told, and everything I've read, says progesterone BEFORE ovulation tricks your body into thinking it's already ovulated, therefore preventing ovulation. I'm on Cycle Day 18 right now with ovulation on the horizon in the next day or two, and I fear I've just messed this up (steady temperatures, high, soft, open cervix, eggwhite and watery cervical mucus lead me to this conclusion). Do you think this one application of progesterone cream at such a low dose would have halted ovulation if I was gearing up to ovulate? I have since put away the cream and have no intentions of using it further before speaking with my OBGYN, but I was looking for an opinion in the meantime (btw--- my progesterone levels, done at 10dpo as well---was a normal level).

Thank you very much for your help and I look forward to your response.