PCOS, Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin Gene Mutation

Q: Is it possible to have a successful pregnancy if you have PCOS, Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin Gene Mutation? I have all three conditions and have had 3 consecutive miscarriages. My doctor was unable to say if I the combination of these disorders would make me unable to have a baby. Thank you

A:   PCOS would make becoming pregnant more difficult but that appears not to be the problem.  You are having difficulties maintaining the pregnancies.
Factor V Leiden is associated with an increased risk of pregnancy complications including miscarriages. To the best of my knowledge, there are no specific interventions that can be done to reduce your risk other than being followed more closely during pregnancy.  Individuals with Factor V Leiden should be monitored by an obstetrician even prior to becoming pregnant.