PCOS questions regarding type of birth control to take.

Patient

Q: I have a question regarding PCOS, and the type of birth control I should be using. I was prescibed Lutera and I am concerned that this will only increase the androgenic activity in my body. I am an active 23 year old female. I compete in elite running year round and would like to find a solution that would not inhibit my daily activities. I do NOT want to be on a pill that makes me gain weight as this will hinder me even more in my running.

Symptoms:  Cyst on my right ovary, minimal acne, elevated DHEA levels, elevated prolactin levels, normal thyroid and normal testosterone levels. I also experience hirsutism on my chin. I have gained weight, my usual weight is 105, I am now at 115. There is no chance I could be pregnant because I have never been sexually active.
Doctor