Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > PCOS with irregular period patient. Think I am pregnant

PCOS with irregular period patient. Think I am pregnant

Patient: I have pcos with a very irregular period January I started a ten day medicine to start my period. I had my period then ovulated on the24 of January. I had a ultrasound done at 5 weeks only visible was cyst. I had experienced morning sickness till the end of April I have had all the signs of being pregnant but all pee test were negative and blood done at 5 weeks was negative. Now I would be 24 weeks along and I feel flutters and pressure down below. What should I do please help

Doctor: Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a condition that is characterised by infrequent periods, signs of androgen excess such as facial hair, excess body hair and an ultrasound picture of multiple unruptured follicles in the ovary. The simplest way to know if your absence of periods is owing to pregnancy or PCOS is to get an ultrasound examination done.Most pregnancy tests have an accuracy of 99% and especially the blood tests are highly reliable. In the event of all of them having tested negative, it is more likely that you are not pregnant.The symptoms that you are experiencing may be pressure symptoms caused by an ovarian cyst pressing upon your bladder. The surest way to know what is happening to you is to consult your doctor or clinic or hospital with a request for an ultrasonography.