Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > PCP said my urin test says “I’m Pregnant”

PCP said my urin test says “I’m Pregnant”

Patient: PCP said my urin test says “I’m Pregnant” OBGYN said my blood work says “Neg” (But) My Uterus is the size of a 8 or 12 weeks. Next Wednesday I go for an Ultrasound. “What does this mean”?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If there has been a discrepancy between the urine pregnancy test and the blood test ( s erum beta hCG) , then the best way to confirm pregnancy would be to get an ultrasound pelvis done to check for decimal reaction and an intrauterine or an extrauterine pregnancy if present.Please get an ultrasound pelvis done soon.Hope this helps.Regards