Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pectus Excavatum Post Nuss Procedure question.

Pectus Excavatum Post Nuss Procedure question.

Patient: By getting the Nuss Procedure for Pectus Excavatum, does it make your chest any weaker? after bars are removed and everything goes as planned.Will getting the Nuss Procedure make my chest more likely to collapse or have something go wrong with it?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Nuss procedure is a non-invasive procedure to corr ect pectus excavatum.Its a safe procedure and its mostly done in children. The most common complications, if can occur during the procedure are damage to the heart and lungs. Other than collapse of the chest and rib trauma generally do not take place. Even after surgery, it may take time to adjust to the new shape of the chest.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!