Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pee flow ? I am pping myself siNce yesterday

Pee flow ? I am pping myself siNce yesterday

Patient: I am peeing myself since yesterday?only 1ounce at a timei cann’t control it?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Your history is classically suggestive of Urinary tract in fection (UTI).The recurrent painful urination is because of UTI only.Now the most common causes of UTI are stones in the Urinary tract , diabetes and sexually transmitted.I would advice you in this case to get following investigations done:1. Urine routine2. Urine culture3. Ultrasound kidneys and bladder.4. Fasting blood sugar.You would be started on antibiotics like Norfloxacin and antibiotic would be modified based on the culture report.You should drink plenty of water and may take On the counter Urinary alkalizers till you get medical help.Share my opinion with your doctor.If you have any further query, please ask me.Get well soon.