Peganancy

Patient

Q: Is it possible to be pregaganat if you have protected intercourse before two days of your regular periods that remained for 4 days and were normal? and now my periods are delayed by 20 days
and all prega tests are negative.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Based on your description, the likelihood of impregnation is very low. It is possible that the irregularities in your period could be a natural phenomenon due to hormonal fluctuations. If you have had negative pregnancy tests this further adds to the low risk that you may be pregnant. However, not all over the counter pregnancy tests are accurate, so we recommend to be certain, please see your doctor to conduct a pregnancy test.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com