Pelvic pain after falling?

Patient: Hi there! I am 14 years old. I do backflips and I was doing them today and I was pretty tired and just before I took off my muscles got weak so I jumped back and landed on the left side on the back of my pelvis and I tried walking afterwards and I could walk but it hurt a lot and the pain is by the joint where the femur connects to the pelvis and when I move in certain spots it really hurts so I was wondering what I could do to help it heal fast. Thanks!

Doctor: Thank you for question. It is possible that you sustained an injury to your hip area. The fact that you are able to wal k, even though with pain, is a good sign that your injury was not very severe. In order to help with your pain, you can take some oral analgesic medication like 500mg Ibuprofen. Secondly, you can try to avoid strenuous physical activity for a few days and rest your hip, pelvis and lower back by laying flat. Another helpful treatment option is to apply an ice pack to the painful area to assist in reducing the swelling, inflammation and pain. Should your pain worsen, or not improve, we recommend that you have this evaluated by a doctor.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com