Penicillin dose unnecessarily high?

Patient : Hi! I was prescribed 250mg penicillin VK tablets yesterday for tonsilitis. I was told to take 2 tablets 4 times a day for 10 days. I took 2 tablets 3 times a day yesterday as I got the medication in the afternoon. This morning the swelling has gone down a bit and the white on the tonsils has reduced a lot. It also doesn't hurt anymore when I swallow and I have no fever. I was wondering, if its really necessary for me to take such a high dose? I'm just worried about antibiotic resistance and side effects, like diarrhea. I'm 21 years old, 180cm, ~60kg and I must have taken penicillin around 10 years ago.
Symptoms:  Tonsilitis, swollen tonsils, white patches, had a fever, pain when swallowing