Penile Irration, Losing hope

Patient : Hello, I have this somewhat embarrassing/aggravating rash going on down there.(Penis) It's not raised,bumpy or leaky. It just looks like the skin is a bit loose perhaps and really reddish, pink. It's been bothering me, after a hot shower or sexual intercourse/masturbation it became redder when it was seemingly gone, almost flaring up as you would say. I'm in a long term relationship with a trusted partner and I don't think its a form of STD. Also there is no discharge or real pain unless it's really aggravated. Mostly its just pink near the base of the shaft and a little around the testicles/scrotum, but not nearly as bad unless rubbed. I looked at male candida but I see no comparison photos, what I have looks milder and maybe its just a skin condition, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (I also saw my family doctor, he said to "keep it dry". That hasn't worked, so I am applying coconut oil before bed currently).
Symptoms:  Red Penile Shaft
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon