Penile rash and groin pain

Patient

Q: I am a 29 years old male. I recently have unprotected sex some few days ago, since then I have developed rash on the lower shaft of my penis from the tip of the penis to the scrotum. I also have a pain on the right scrotum which radiates to the groin. please help

Doctor

A:   A penile rash can be an indication of a sexually transmitted infection. Often it may present with spot or sores on the skin accompanied by itching that may be intense, and pain or tenderness. Herpes simplex infection can present with similar symptoms. Although penile rash is not an emergency, failure to seek treatment can result in serious complications and permanent damage such as scarring of the penis.