Penile Yeast infection - Treatment options.

Patient : I am a male, age 18 i have yeast infection but how can i cure it, it feels like it has reached my urethra n even my prostate. i am very worried would love a response asap.
Doctor :   Penile candidiasis is usually caused after sexual intercourse with an infected individual or if you have a low immunity. I would advise you to see your doctor for a physical examination and microscopic study of the discharge and culture to determine the causative agent. It is not advisable to start treatment on your own. Your doctor may prescribe antimycotics like topical clotrimazole, nystatin or ketokonazole. More severe cases may even require systemic anti-fungals. Single dose of oral fluconazole 150mg is shown to be 90% effective in treating penile yeast infection.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon