Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Penis burns at the tip during urination Doc took

Penis burns at the tip during urination Doc took

Patient: Penis burns at the tip during urination. Doc took lab work and said everything was normal and told me to hydrate with water and cranberry yesterday and still today it burns. No discharge but looks red and a Lil swollen

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) secondary to stone/stones in ureter.In most of the cases, ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.So, you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of stone. Also important here is to get a Fasting Blood Sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy.