Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Penis frenulum cut while performing oral sex

Penis frenulum cut while performing oral sex

Patient: Hello my name is jack, I am 16 years old. Me and my girlfriend were having oral sex two days ago. She was giving me oral and she has braces and her braces cut my frenulum. It started spurting out blood and we rushed to get toilet paper to wipe all the blood off. We were both pretty shaken up by the whole situation so we left it overnight. I had a look yesterday morning and there is a cut just below my Meatus and the frenulum is detached and is like a string that is now black. I don’t want to approach my family or local doctor about this as it is quite personal so that is why im doing it here. I just want to know if I can let it heal naturally or does it need medical attention? thank you

Symptoms: Slight pain, depression

Doctor: Hello,Antibiotic ointments may be used till you get to see a doctor.It is impossible to determine the gravity of th e injury without a clinical examination.Leaving it untreated may cause complications. You may visit a doctor and request confidential treatment for your problems if local legislation may so permits.Hope this helps.