Penis Innervation

Patient : I have a ruptured L4 or L5 disk that is pinching the nerve bundle that runs down my left leg. My question is can that also affect nerves in my penis? I am finding it difficult to keep an erection during intercourse.
Doctor :    The penis has a mixed innervation, part comes from S2-4 and part is sensory coming from the dorsal nerve of the penis, so is not likely that a nerve compression at the lumbar level L4-5 may cause what you described. Some other factors may be rule out as : alcohol, diabetes, smoking, amongst the most common.