Penis Pain during wet dream

Patient

Q: Every time I have a wet dream it hurts very bad. There is a sting/burn in my penis for a few minutes after the wet dream. it has happened ever since I can remember.

Symptoms:  Pain in Penis
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
When men have wet dreams, mostly they will be in deep sleep, and the erection occurs through their underwear, which itself could hurt.
However when the seminal emission occurs it happens inside the underwear or pants, and since there is less space for the penis to expand, it could hurt a bit.
Also sometimes when it happens in deep sleep, the person is not aware, and the secretion stays there which could also cause irritation.
This should not happen when you masturbate though.
If it happens while you're masturbating then it is better to see a physician in person.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.