Percocet while pregnant for pinched nerve

Patient : I am currently 8 weeks and five days pregneat and have a pinched nerve. is it safe to take percocet?
Doctor :   Percocet is a combination drug consisting of oxycodone and acetaminophen. Percocet works as a pain reliever, fever reduc er and calming agent. Although acetaminophen is widely regarded as being safe during pregnancy, the risks of oxycodone are less known. Due to concerns about possible risks of birth defects, dependency and withdrawal symptoms I would recommend that acetaminophen-oxycodone containing products only be used during pregnancy when there are no alternatives and benefits outweigh risks.