Perianal Abcsess Recurrence and Prevention

Patient : Hello I had a perianal abscess lanced three times last year and I have began to swell in the same area again. I have been quiet stressed just recently and i was wondering if stress could cause this ??. Or what the best way to stop his from occurring again. Thanks
Doctor :   There is no known direct association between stress and development of  a perianal abscess. Perianal abscesses occur fro om obstruction of the glands in anus which lubricate the canal. It is not clear why some persons are more prone to getting these abscesses more than others. However, persons who have certain conditions affecting the immune system such as Diabetes are at a greater risk. Recurrent abscesses are sometimes the result of an anal fistula so you should ask your surgeon about the possibility of this condition should your abscess recur.